If you are a tenant who is about to move out of your rented property, you may be wondering what you need to do to get your deposit back. One of the most common reasons for deposit disputes is the cleanliness of the property at the end of the tenancy. That’s why it’s important to do a thorough end-of-tenancy cleaning before you hand over the keys to your landlord or letting agent.
What is end-of-tenancy cleaning?
End-of-tenancy cleaning is a deep cleaning of the property that you rented, including all rooms, furniture, appliances, carpets, windows, etc. The aim is to restore the property to the same level of hygiene and cleanliness as it was when you moved in, or even better.
End-of-tenancy cleaning is different from regular domestic cleaning because it covers areas that are usually neglected or hard to reach, such as behind furniture, inside cupboards, under sinks, etc. It also requires more time, effort and equipment than a normal cleaning session.
Why do you need end-of-tenancy cleaning?
End of tenancy cleaning is not only a courtesy to your landlord or letting agent, but also a legal obligation in most cases. According to The Tenants’ Voice, most tenancy agreements include a clause that requires tenants to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy. Failing to do so can result in deductions from your deposit or even legal action.
End of tenancy cleaning can also benefit you as a tenant in several ways:
- It can help you get a good reference from your landlord or letting agent, which can make it easier for you to find another property in the future.
- It can save you money by avoiding unnecessary charges or disputes over your deposit.
- It can give you peace of mind by ensuring that you have fulfilled your contractual obligations and left the property in a good condition.
How to do end of tenancy cleaning?
You have two options when it comes to end of tenancy cleaning: you can either do it yourself or hire a professional cleaning company.
If you decide to do it yourself, you will need to plan ahead and allocate enough time and resources for the task. You will also need to check your inventory report and your tenancy agreement for any specific requirements or expectations from your landlord or letting agent. You will need to clean every room and every item in the property, following a checklist that covers all the areas that need attention. You will also need to provide proof of your cleaning, such as receipts, photos or videos.
If you decide to hire a professional cleaning company, you will need to do some research and compare different options before choosing one. You will need to look for a reputable, reliable and experienced company that offers end of tenancy cleaning services at a reasonable price. You will also need to check their reviews, testimonials and guarantees before booking them. You will need to communicate your needs and expectations clearly and confirm the details of the service, such as the date, time, duration and cost.
Where to find a professional end of tenancy cleaning company?
If you are looking for a professional end of tenancy cleaning company in the UK, you have come to the right place. We are Global Lifelines, that specializes in end of tenancy cleaning services across Manchester, Liverpool, Coventry and Birmingham.
- Serviced apartment cleaning for platforms and hosts on Airbnb, Booking.com and others
- Daily office cleaning and janitorial services
- End of tenancy cleaning
- Deep cleaning
- One-off cleaning
- Contract cleaning
- A team of trained, vetted and insured cleaners who deliver high-quality results
- A flexible and tailored service that meets your specific needs and budget
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee that ensures your full deposit return
- A friendly and helpful customer service that is available 24/7
- The best-rated end of tenancy cleaning company in the UK according to Checkatrade
- The most affordable end of tenancy cleaning company in the UK according to The British Landlords Association
- The most trusted end of tenancy cleaning company in the UK according to our loyal customers
Don’t take our word for it – see for yourself what our customers say about us on our website or on Google, Yell, and Bark